Cholera (Vibrio cholerae-01 and -0139) Detection Kits
Our three formats are:
- SMART™ II Cholera (for human use – export only)
- SMART™ II Cholera Water Test
- Cholera-01 and -0139 (Bengal) Direct Fluorescent Assay (DFA)
Our SMART™ II Cholera tests utilize a monoclonal antibody based lateral flow format. The monoclonal antibodies are specific for the antigens of either Vibrio cholerae-01 or Vibrio cholerae-0139. The test is simple, and can be performed in approximately 15 minutes. Tests for Vibrio cholerae-01 and -0139 sold separately. Tests for Cholera detection in human samples are available for export use outside the United States. The other formats (water use and DFA) are available for sale everywhere.
- 96% Sensitivity
- 99% Specificity for Vibrio cholerae O1
- Simple procedure
- No culture required (allows water, food or stool sampling)
- Less than 10 minutes test time
- Less than 20 seconds techinian time
- Detect as few as 2 x 10“ organisms
- Reagents lyophilized in one tube
- Distinct color reaction on capture membrane
SMART™ II Gonogen
SMART™ II Gonogen is a monoclonal antibody based colorimetric test intended for the confirmatory identification of Neisseria gonorrhoeae. The test requires less than seven minutes to run with no heating or pretreatment. The test does not require isolated, viable or fresh cultures. SMART™ II Gonogen eliminates agglutination, guesswork, by developing a red dot for a positive reaction.
- Monoclonal Antibody based assay
- 99% Specific for Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- 100% Sensitive
- Effective with mixed or non-viable cultures
- No heating
- Single or Batch testing
- No agglutination guesswork
- Clear-cut color reaction
- Detects GC where routine sugars and FA’s may not, even on cultures in transit over 10 days
(Toluidine Red Unheated Serum Test)
TRUST is CDC approved as a STANDARD STATUS TEST for the Quantitative and Qualitative serologic detection of Syphilis. Smooth negatives are attained by the use of a dye (toluidine red unheated serum) versus the inconsistencies of burned charcoal. Room temperature storage, no glass ampules, and cost effective pricing make TRUST a sensitive and specific alternative for RPR and other more expensive nontreponemal tests for Syphilis.
- CDC Approved STANDARD STATUS Test
- Easy to Perform Standard RPR Procedure
- Cost Effective: Savings Over Standard RPR Test
- Room Temperature Storage
- No Glass Ampules to Break
- Single or Batch Testing
- Quantitative and Qualitative Procedure
- Sensitive and Specific Replacement for the Standard RPR Test
Rapid Bacteria Detection in Under 5 minutes
The PROFILE® 1 Bioluminometer is a hand-held instrument capable of determining the presence of low levels of bacteria. PROFILE® 1 is able to differentiate microbial from somatic cells, yeast from bacteria, and can eliminate interfering (quenching) substances from the sample. To maximize specificity, a series of simple, patented, sample preparation steps are used to remove ATP arising from human cells and other interfering compounds. PROFILE® 1 will detect only viable organisms. Studies performed by the USDA, Agriculture Canada, DOD, University of Michigan, and others have shown an excellent correlation to standard culture methods. Results are read on the LCD display.
- Provides reliable, near real-time detection of bacteria.
- Accuracy of a 48-hour culture in less than five minutes.
- Discriminates bacterial ATP from Total ATP
- Eliminates quenching substances from sample
- Hand-held, battery powered